Emerge2 Digital Inc.
554 Parkside Drive
Canada N2L 5Z4
(519) 886-0100 tel
(519) 886-1027 fax
1-888-242-5453 toll free
GC Administrator is a web-based set of tools made available to merchants to maintain and track their commerce sites without requiring any technical expertise or assistance from their web developer.
User-friendly & secure operation
Galileo Commerce provides installers, developers and merchants with easy to use features that make site administration painless!
- GC Administrator is 100% web-based, meaning that no special software needs to be installed and that administrative activities can be carried out from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Online help is available in all sections providing fast-reference for common questions.
- The configuration and menu options available in GC Administrator are contextual, meaning that administrators only see options and fields for those features that are enabled on their site. This saves time and potential confusion when maintaining your site.
- GC Administrator is located at a private URL so that users cannot stumble into it, and requires a unique user name and password to access.
- Multiple users can simultaneously use GC Administrator, each with their own customized access levels. This allows the site administrator to only give users access to the areas of the site that they require access to (e.g., product editing.)
- Changes made in GC Administrator are instantly available on the public web site, allowing merchants to make changes very quickly.
Product & Category Administration
Easily manage your online catalog through GC Administrator's wide array of product and category maintenance tools.
- Over 100 information fields per product gives merchants the flexibility they need to display and sell products online.
- Organize products in an unlimited number of categories, sub-categories and groupings. To enhance exposure, each product can be listed in multiple categories.
- Perform mass updates to your catalog by importing and exporting text files, saving administrative time.
- Associate products with a particular manufacturer for special "manufacturer searches".
- GC's instant picture upload capability provides for easy product and category image editing.
- Each product can be associated with 6 detail photos and optional thumbnail picture.
There are hundreds of options available in GC Administrator that determine the behaviour of your site.
- Set and manage shipping, discount, payment, currency and other details through a simple, menu-based interface.
- Manage your customer's online experience by altering the behaviour of online searches, product lists and other display-oriented features of the site.
- Configure headers, messages, buttons and other look-and-feel aspects of the web site through GC Administrator, without having to know HTML or programming languages.
- Instantly configure and edit the contact information, such as e-mail addresses and telephone numbers, used throughout the site. This means that a change can be made to this information in one place, and immediately be reflected on the entire web site, no matter where it appears.
- Help prevent fraudulent activity by banning credit card orders from certain countries that the merchant specifies. The site will still accept other forms of payment from those countries.
- The multi-jurisdiction tax system means that you can configure GC to add taxes to orders for any combination of USA States and/or Canadian Provinces/Territories (e.g. GST, HST, PST) where you need to collect taxes.
- A multiple warehouse capability means that orders can be automatically routed to the appropriate warehouse based upon the shipping address of the customer and the customer's order information will contain the contact information for their selected warehouse.
Site reporting and analysis
GC Administrator provides merchants and administrators with all of the information they need to make decisions about their site and to track progress.
- Track sales online by date range and sorted by a variety of criteria such as destination country, how they heard about the site, etc. Each sale can be further selected to analyze the complete details of the order.
- Determine user trends and measure the success of your online promotional campaigns with monthly web site usage reports*.
- Customers can't purchase what they can't find! For this reason, GC includes an "Invalid Search Report" that displays a list of all customer searches (within a specified date range) that resulted in 0 matches. Using this report, merchants can optimize their products by adding keywords or descriptions containing commonly searched-for terms.
- Quickly pinpoint and correct problems using GC Administrator's Data Integrity reports. These reports help merchants find potential problems such as products with missing pictures, products missing the necessary shipping information, orphaned products (products not in any category), etc.
- For a quick snapshot view of your online catalog, the Database Statistics report provides a variety of counts, averages and percentages regarding your online product data.
Back Office Integration
GC Administrator has the ability to be integrated with your back office, external or point-of-sale system (e.g. CommercialWare's CWStore System),
provided such other system has able to accept the integration data.
- Sales are automatically transmitted in near-real-time to the back office system.
- If the back office system is temporarily unavailable, GC re-queues any waiting orders and periodically retries until orders are delivered.
- If any orders are rejected by the back office system, or if the back office system remains unavailable beyond a settable period of time, the merchant is automatically sent a Problem Notification email alert.
- In addition to back office integration, shipping data can be exported for direct import to the Pitney Bowes or Canada Post shipping systems.
* Monthly usage reports are included when hosting your site with Emerge2. Other hosts and providers may not offer this service.
Next: Business to Business features
Emerge2 Digital Inc., 554 Parkside Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5Z4
get started |
GC examples |
contact emerge2 |
Copyright © 1995-2007, Emerge2 Digital Inc.
Galileo Commerce is a trademark of Emerge2 Holdings Inc.